[Shotimes] Re: Gas 'n' Go, complete with SHO

Paul Nimz pnimz@v8sho.com
Fri, 26 Aug 2005 09:56:56 -0500

One reason I like the SHO so much.  Instead of car payments I get to spend the
bucks on "improvements".  Yes much of that is maintenance but about half is
very discretionary spending on goody stuff.

Paul

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Leigh Smith
  To: Mark Nunnally ; Ron Porter ; shotimes@autox.team.net
  Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2005 3:26 PM
  Subject: Re: [Shotimes] Re: Gas 'n' Go, complete with SHO

  Yeah; I've never understood people's logic on repairs either.
  Quote: How can you put a $1000 in that old car(SHO)? It's not even worth
  that much!
  Because I can't justify the price of a new car to replace my SHO that's
  why!!! It's not worth the $35K price difference to me. I'm not sure the new
  cars are any better than my old SHO, and they sure aren't THAT much better!
  So last year I put in a new $1600 engine, this year $1000 in the supension,
  and next year or so I'll spring for a new $1000 interior. How much you want
  to bet I get at least another 6 years out of her? No car payments either!
  Lee
  12th year in SHO's (230K mi)
  260k 89 Titanium "Plus" retired to RCM
  "new" 94 white MTX 15k