[Shotimes] 1994 bondurant - rousch sho on Ebay

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Fri, 26 Aug 2005 12:43:25 -0400

When I lived in Louisville in the mid-late '90s, I had seen a light metallic
blue/silver Sable with a SHO exhaust and slicers a couple of times in a
week. The car looked a bit "different", and I had reason to believe that it
was one of the all AL cars. Never did get to see it parked so I could ask
about it. Might be the one that you describe, unless they had a few in that
color combo.

From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Keith Dusina
Sent: Friday, August 26, 2005 6:22 AM
To: shotimes@autox.team.net; vanOss@centurytel.net; kerbyh@netzero.net
Cc: toddandchris1@cox.net
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] 1994 bondurant - rousch sho on Ebay

The aluminum Sables with SHO motors were built by Ford as part of an
experimental AIV (aluminum intensive vehicle) program.  Bill Steuf was the
Chief Engineer responsible.  I worked for ALCOA at the time.  We supplied
the castings and some sheet but the bulk of the sheet came from ALCAN.  The
entire body structure of the vehicle was aluminum.  The vehicles were not
sold but leased to the suppliers in the program and returned to Ford at the
conclusion of the lease period.  We had one in our office.  It was a strange

blue/silver color.

Keith