[Shotimes] Hard Shifting

Liberty Ruddy ljruddy@yahoo.com
Fri, 26 Aug 2005 12:13:58 -0700 (PDT)

Well my 94 MTX is having a hard time shifting down from a higher gear when i am on the highway passing someone or whatever. I just started noticing this problem about 4 days ago after i raced an eclipse 3000GT down the street. When i am cruising along at say 60 mph and i drop it into 3rd, i have to almost force it in... The same for a 5-2, 4-2, or even 3-2 shift. Also, i have noticed that when i am comming to a stop shifting to 1st from a very slight roll causes it ti grind a little.

Clutch pedal has about 1/2 to an inch of play in it and i can tell that i dont have to move the cluth from the floor more than 1/2 inch in order to see rpms drop as it catches on... usualy ther is more play in it. Do i have a stretched cable? The clutch only has like 2-3k on it. I would like to know what i should do becuase i cant be doing the syncros much of a favor when i downshift with the clucth still engaged.