[Shotimes] Speed Upgrades

Mark Mucher mmucher@bellsouth.net
Fri, 26 Aug 2005 16:30:00 -0400

When this list first started, we called the Rustangs 4.94s instead of the
more generous 5.0

Weren't they advertised at 225hp, and wasn't that optimistic (or am I
confusing them with the Cobra scandal)?

Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Shylo McKinsey
Sent: Friday, August 26, 2005 3:17 PM
To: Mark Nunnally
Cc: TaurusSHO
Subject: RE: [Shotimes] Speed Upgrades

"What's amazing is 220 hp back in the last 80s was a big deal. A real big
deal for a american made sedan.
The vette/mustang were only 245/225. In the same relation today, it would be
like Ford coming out with a 450 hp 6-speed sedan. Just shows you how crazy
cars are today, truly the golden age of hot rodding!"

I guess IMNSHO, the only thing (if any) that SHO's will be remembered by is
the sound that V-6 can make.
All these other sedans out there today still don't have that sound.

*Running and Ducking...

Shylo McKinsey

'91 White MTX
'99 Chili Red Jeep