[Shotimes] fuel pump replacement Qs

Justin Schick jschick@aafp.org
Sun, 28 Aug 2005 16:59:00 -0500

I believe the tanks are interchangeable so the fuel pump location should be the same between gen 1 and 2.

The fuel filter should have an arrow indicating the flow direction, so see if you can verify it's on right without removing it.

Good luck,

Justin
parted 92 - need something (like an OEM fuel pump for $30 + shipping)?

>>> Jason Hartberger <jhartberger@mail.com> 8/28/2005 2:03:42 PM >>>
Hey, I'm going to change out my fuel pump, and I've made the requisite
marks on the seat IAW
http://www.sho91mtx.homestead.com/files/fpfyi.html. The seat on this
looks like it's for a Gen 1. Are the directions unchanged for the Gen 2
as far as measurements go? I don't want to go cutting a hole only to
realize it's in the wrong spot :(. Also, I figured out that the alarm
system I for some reason have in my car is indeed Ford Factory (at least
according to the large blue sticker with the ford logo and "factory
security system"). Does anybody know where or how to get a manual for
this? preferably without going to the stealer?

ooh, and also, can changing a fuel filter cause the stumbly idle and the
intermmittant loss of power? I mean, obviously I put a new one in but
there's a remote possibility I installed it backwards. I don't think I
did, but would that cause it? oh my God, I'm so tired of fuel problems.
It never ends! It started right after I installed the new alternator and
fuel filter... it didn't stumble after the fire. man, I just don't know.
This is really frustrating. Good thing I'm going on cruise in four days
but I still want it fixed before I go... I love my wife but she's no
mechanic. Thanks for any replies....

--
Jason Hartberger, AT2(AW) USN
USS Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

P.S. IAW means In Accordance With. sorry for the military lingo.