[Shotimes] RE: Time for suspension work - Springs?

Jack Dalzotto dalzotto@mosaiccomputers.com
Sun, 28 Aug 2005 18:55:29 -0400

Any idea on ride height?  I wonder how off mine is.

>From the top of the tire to the fender, 3-1/8" in the front, 1" in the rear.
Seems a little low in the back!  :)

Jack

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net
[mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]On Behalf Of Ian Fisher
Sent: Sunday, August 28, 2005 6:30 PM
To: Jack Dalzotto; shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] Time for suspension work - Springs?

I would also drive the car with a broken spring. If it
punctures your tire, things can get pretty nasty
pretty quickly.

If you want to maintain stock ride height, I'd get the
Moog coils and not cut anything off. The car looks
fine with them (just came home and compared my Eibach
sprung SHO vs. Leigh Smith's cargo coils; while mine
is def lower than his car, his car looks fine).

I'd consider replacing the struts at 105K. A set of
Koni's would be a good investment but I'm sure that
others will tell you that Tokicos and perhaps even KYB
GR2's will be fine. In a pinch I'd use Tokicos but
IMO, the KYB's are junk and are valved for a regular
Taurus.

Ian