[Shotimes] Re: Gingerman Track day hosted by TCCA

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Mon, 29 Aug 2005 14:16:59 -0400

Most of the Taurus TCCA folks are relatively inexperienced. Even the TCCA
folks that have the experience you have, John, don't have cars that could
keep up with your Mazda in a lot of respects. You may not be comfortable in
advanced, but the next level down should be good for you, and you would
probably have one of the quicker cars in that class.

From: Donald Mallinson [mailto:dmall@mwonline.net]
Sent: Monday, August 29, 2005 1:30 PM
To: John Stout
Cc: 'Shotimes'; 'V8List SHO'; 'SHO Tech'
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] Re: Gingerman Track day hosted by TCCA

John,

I think you can plan on their being classes with a "best guess" of
trying to keep driver skill and car ability matched, but I have yet to
be at an event where that is accomplished with any real success.  There
will always be a range of fast to slow.  Fast drivers just need to be
patient and adult, and the slow drivers remember to drive YOUR line and
speed, and not worry about anyone else.  Once you are comfortable
letting people by in the passing zones, get everyone around you and get
in  your own pocket of quiet that my last for 1 1/2 laps if you are
lucky.  traffic is a given at almost any track event.

I think you should go out, you have a good car, and at Putnam you did
just fine.  Start in a slow group, and I think the organizers will let
you move up if  you need to.

Don Mallinson