[Shotimes] A ponderance

Paul Nimz pnimz@v8sho.com
Tue, 30 Aug 2005 01:19:23 -0500

Seeing as a DTC 122 means your TPS is not sending a signal back this may have
something to do with your idle control......

Paul
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jason Hartberger
  To: `V6 SHOtimes
  Sent: Monday, August 29, 2005 5:32 PM
  Subject: [Shotimes] A ponderance

  I wonder, oh I wonder, could the code 122 I've been throwing lately have
  anything to do with this stupid erratic idle? I'm still pretty sure it's
  the spark wires but the 122 confounds me. It says the TP sensor is out
  of voltage range. does that mean my throttle position sensor died? And
  would that cause that sort of thing (really lopey idle, loss of power,
  bucking/surging below 2K)? Like I said I'm still sticking with the wire
  theory (no, I have neither the money or [especially] the time to change
  them) but I was just wondering...

  --
  Jason Hartberger, AT2(AW) USN
  USS Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71