[Shotimes] Power steering question Gen I or III

Paul Nimz pnimz@v8sho.com
Tue, 30 Aug 2005 01:24:09 -0500

The GEN 3 Helms is quite cryptic.  I did find this.

      Effort Required to Sustain Proper Input Shaft Rotation (Power Cylinder
Drained and Gear Removed from Vehicle)  1.37 Nm (12 Lb-In)

And this

      Taurus, Sable with VAPS  2.27 kg (5.0 Lb)

But these are both for SLOs.  Not the GEN 3 SHO rack.

Paul
----- Original Message -----
From: Leigh Smith
To: SHOTIMES
Sent: Monday, August 29, 2005 1:00 PM
Subject: [Shotimes] Power steering question Gen I or III

Ian and I are doing are debating some possible steering rack changes and
options.
Does anyone have a Helms for a Gen I or Gen III that could look up the
'Static
Steering Turning Effort" specification for me?
It is the back of section 11-00-33 (my book; Steering System Service), with
the other spec tables.
My Gen II book reads:
5.0 lb effort with VAPS
7.0 lb effort w/o VAPS