[Shotimes] Need cable shifter help...

bjshov8 bjshov8@comcast.net
Wed, 31 Aug 2005 01:32:10 -0500

Sounds like you need the clip.

Should be able to pull the trim panel off that surrounds the shifter and see
that one of the cable ends has come off of the knob on the left side of the
shifter mechanism.

My 90 did this once, I pulled the trim off to investigate and discovered the
problem.  I put the cable eye back on the knob, wedged a wrag in there to
keep it in place, and drove home.  While I was contemplating how to repair
it I rigged up a bungee cord that would pull sideways on the cable end to
hold it on the knob.

> One of my former SHOs is having the dreaded cable shifter disconnect
problem.  It is an '89, and the