[Shotimes] Power steering question Gen I or III

Dave Kegel d.kegel@comcast.net
Wed, 31 Aug 2005 08:36:59 -0500

Yes, and I will add that the Gen3 Duratec VAPS is much much better than the
Gen2 VAPS.  We have a '98 Sable and the steering has always bee very nice.

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Paul Nimz
Sent: Tuesday, August 30, 2005 11:56 PM
To: `V6 SHOtimes; 'Leigh Smith'
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] Power steering question Gen I or III

The GEN 3 Duratecs have the same SARC module as the SHO to control the VAPS.
The VAPS is smoothly stepped, not an arbitrary 4 step position system and is
closely tied into the PCM programming.  But the SHO has the ZF rack and a
different pump.  I believe when installed on a GEN 2 the ZF rack uses the
GEN 2 pump.  A special hose is needed.  Ask Kirk.

I do know that there are some GEN 1 SHOs with the GEN 3 rack out there.

Paul