[Shotimes] Power steering question Gen I or III

Paul Nimz pnimz@v8sho.com
Tue, 30 Aug 2005 23:56:27 -0500

The GEN 3 Duratecs have the same SARC module as the SHO to control the VAPS.
The VAPS is smoothly stepped, not an arbitrary 4 step position system and is
closely tied into the PCM programming.  But the SHO has the ZF rack and a
different pump.  I believe when installed on a GEN 2 the ZF rack uses the GEN
2 pump.  A special hose is needed.  Ask Kirk.

I do know that there are some GEN 1 SHOs with the GEN 3 rack out there.

Paul

On 8/30/2005 2:48:42 PM, Leigh Smith (leighsm@comcast.net) wrote:
> Thanks Paul;
> Too bad they
> don't list the SHO rack.
> Sounds like the regular Gen III VAPS is similar to the Gen II VAPS.
> Any idea if a Gen III SHO rack would fit in a Gen II?
> Lee

Drained and Gear Removed from Vehicle) 1.37 Nm (12 Lb-In)