[Shotimes] RE: CV halfshaft replacement

Paul L Fisher sho@paul-fisher.com
Fri, 1 Jul 2005 08:27:19 -0500

What I did was put a jack stand on the studs and then dropped the car. That
compressed the strut and the ball joint eventually popped out. I assume this
is on a Gen 1 or 2 and the ball joint is on the LCA and not the knuckle like
on the Gen 3's?

Paul L Fisher

Visit my website: http://www.paul-fisher.com
SHOClub Member: http://www.shoclub.com
Amsoil dealer: http://www.paul-fisher.com/oil

  _____

From: Kris Angermeier [mailto:kickinsho@charter.net]
Sent: Thursday, June 30, 2005 10:23 PM
To: TechSHO@topica.com; shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: CV halfshaft replacement

FREE Zoobooks Elephants ISSUE and tiger POSTER!
Is your child reading? Zoobooks is guaranteed to improve
your child's reading skills. Click below to sign up now!
http://click.topica.com/caadCUzb1dhxAbPWQxCb/Zoobooks

I have reviewed the replacement strategy as outlined in the Helms manual. Am
having some difficulty getting the lower ball joint out of the hub assembly.
For some reason, I can't seem to get the control arm to go low enough to
clear. Any suggestions or hints? I have the car up on jacks and the
wheel/tire assemblies and axle nuts are removed.

Andy