[Shotimes] 18 gal gas tank

Carl Prochilo gr8sho@prochilo.myserver.org
Sat, 2 Jul 2005 09:04:53 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

On one NY to FL run I made with my 92 years ago, I got about 514 miles on
a tankful and filled up to about 20 gallons too.  Knowing what I know now,
I would not recommend doing this to avoid overheating the fuel pump.
--
Cheers,
Carl Prochilo

On Sat, June 11, 2005 11:54 am, Brian Morgan said:
> i recently had to fix a crack in my gas tank, and so siphoned out all
the gas.
> put just enough back in to drive to the gas station (3 mi.) filled it
the whole way up. 20 gallons!!!  thought that might be of interest to
some people.