[Shotimes] Sun Sensors

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Sat, 2 Jul 2005 15:11:42 -0400

Well, for whatever reason, they did swap them between Gen 1-2.

I have the opposite opinion. I don't feel that the SHO Autolamps (for any of
the Gens) ever come on soon enough in conditions like dusk or dark clouds
with rain. I have heard that there is an adjustment on the sensor (maybe on
the FAQ?) where the sensitivity can be adjusted, but I never did it. I would
rather have them come on more often than not soon enough.

From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Carl Prochilo
Sent: Saturday, July 02, 2005 9:27 AM
To: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] Sun Sensors

I know this gets talked about from time to time.  I would be surprised if
Ford took to the time to swap these sensors around, but hey...
There is actually a very easy way to tell which is which.  On my 92, there
is a small plastic grate type opening right in front of the driver.  In
daylight, take something like your work badge or such and lay it over the
opening to cover it up.  You should see your lamps come on in a few
moments.

As an aside, I rented a Hyundai XG 350 recently.  For the money a very
nice car for an automatic.  This car also had autolamps but the darn
things would kick on even if you drove under an overpass for a matter of
seconds.  Quite annoying.  The ones for the SHO work perfectly.
--
Cheers,
Carl Prochilo