[Shotimes] Re: Tires

Jason Hartberger jhartberger@mail.com
Sat, 02 Jul 2005 23:29:39 -0400

Well, George I'm Asking, I would highly recommend the AVS dB S2s. I have
a set on my 94ATX and they're stickier than your hands after an
all-you-can-eat night at House of Ribs. Oh, and they're really quiet,
too. And they shed water incredibly well. I got the Z-rateds rather than
the V-rateds do to a stock outage at Tire Rack and I would highly
recommend it. Traction never ends. Cornering is really good, but they
make quite a bit of noise while doing it. They let you know when they're
about to break, but you really have to push the car hard to get to that
point. They don't stay quiet forever, though. They get relatively noisy
after about 5K miles, then quiet back down about 10K. I've gotten, oh,
17-20K (can't remember) on them so far and the tread's about 2/3rds
gone. Great, great tire overall. I got 215-55 and they're almost too
wide for the slicers, but they fit. the width affects steering response
but the extra tread is well worth it in my opinion.

hope that helps a little.

Jason