[Shotimes] Fuel Filter

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Sat, 2 Jul 2005 21:32:49 -0700 (PDT)

IMHO, cutting the body to get to the fuel pump is one of the slickest ideas for SHO maintenance!! It would be nicer to do it with the tank out, but fighting rusted tank straps & such makes that job a real PITA.

Also, pumps have an elastic lifespan. Doesn't seem to be that unusual to have a new pump die relatively soon after it is installed.

Ron Porter

Carl Prochilo <gr8sho@prochilo.myserver.org> wrote:
I got over 200K on my 92. Having done this job myself, I don't really see
the point of cutting the body. It's not like you're going to this job
every six months. Also by dropping the tank you can inspect more and
clean things up right.
--
Cheers,
Carl Prochilo