[Shotimes] question about ticket in MD

Ian Fisher dataflash@yahoo.com
Sun, 3 Jul 2005 11:54:42 -0700 (PDT)

A MD state trooper kindly waved me down on I95 and
wrote me a nice thank you note this morning.

$75 fine, 0 point violation in Maryland.

My questions: NJ will cut you a break if you bother to
show up to court; they'll usually let you plead to a
lesser offense. Is Maryland the same? I've learned
that PA isn't like this at all.

For those of you in the insurance/DMV areas; do zero
point violations transfer to other states? I'd assume
that a 0 point violation wouldn't transfer to my home
state of NJ but if my insurance company somehow got
wind of this they'd try to tack on special insurance
points. Can anyone guess either way?

I'm more annoyed than worried. I've really calmed down
as a driver and haven't gotten a ticket in years.
Wrong place on the wrong day to be traveling. Oh well.
I'm not sure I was actually doing 84 but I def wasn't
doing 65 either..

Perhaps MD state police could answer my first
question..

thanks
Ian

Yahoo! Sports