[Shotimes] Re: question about ticket in MD

MonsieurBoo@aol.com MonsieurBoo@aol.com
Sun, 3 Jul 2005 20:30:03 EDT

What?  You mean our much-publicized big statewide weekend crackdown  didn't
get any airplay in Joisey?  Da noive a dem bozos!

As usual the best bet would be to get a dismissal if the trooper doesn't
show up.  That one is still pretty automatic in MD since it is a blue  state,
after all.*  Because this is a big ticket initiative weekend for  them, part of
the planning will probably be to have the troopers available for  court on the
court dates they're currently writing on those tags.  They  will be trying to
do it mass-production line style.  So your best bet might  be to request a
continuance since you're from out of state, and see if that  throws off the
trooper's court schedule.  Also it won't hurt to put some  time between the ticket
and the court date in case the trooper can't really  remember you out of all
the tickets they're slinging this weekend.  Then  you can plead your best case.

Whether it will get you anywhere, depends on how bad the judge's 'roids are
that day.  MD is no different from any other speed trap in that  respect.

This wasn't one of our bogus "road crew" swat teams by the  way?   They are
out here in full force this weekend, ya can't  trust nobody no more.

Mark LaBarre
94 atx 130k
FYWDWWW

* Having said this, I have to admit that we do have a Republican gov, who
did a very interesting thing the other day.  Our county cops got the bright
idea of hiding in the bushes at midnight with a night vision scope along the
main drag in our town, spotting people who weren't belted up, and radioing down
the road to a roadblock where they were pulled over (in droves) and  tagged.
The Gov. decided it was an intrusion into personal liberty,  stepped in and
put the kibosh on it.

In a message dated 7/3/2005 4:41:22 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, Ian  Fisher