[Shotimes] Alternator...

Newmy thenewmster@shaw.ca
Mon, 04 Jul 2005 22:49:08 -0500

I had an alternator problem in my '95 and the alt light on the dash didnt
even go on. I put my meter on it when it was running, and it was just
slightly below the proper charge level, but it was enough to drain my
battery. I pulled it off, then apart, and found one of the diodes blown.
Funny how when it wasnt charging that it didnt trigger the alt light on the
dash...
Newmy
----- Original Message -----
From: "George ask me" <irocka528@yahoo.com>
To: <SHOtimes@autox.team.net>
Sent: Monday, July 04, 2005 10:37 PM
Subject: [Shotimes] Alternator...

> hey everybody...
>
> 4th of July night.  I'm driving around, and get to a stop light.  the car
randomly stalls; I thought I shifted wrong.  I attempt to restart the car,
and it won't start; but I'm hearing ticking.  I got a jump start, and the
car was running again.  the headlights were on, and then after a little
driving (on my way back to my house) they went out.  so I turned them off.
I got home, left the car running with a book on the gas pedal keeping it at
2k rpms for about 20 minutes.  when I turned the lights on, they were bright
again.