[Shotimes] Alternator...

Zach Leahy Zach Leahy <leahyz@gmail.com>
Tue, 5 Jul 2005 07:21:06 -0500

Either take the car, or just the alternator is easier, to autozone or
most any parts store and have them test the output of it.  It soulds
like a bad alternator, and you should be able to tell with a volt
meter if you have one, if you don't then most auto parts can test them
either in the car or out.

As for price, and the best way to fix them, I recommend finding a
competent automotive electric shop and dropping it off to be rebuilt.
They should be able to turn it around in a day or so if they have the
parts.  It's not too tough.  These places are becoming harder and
harder to find though, as everyone now just goes and buys a rebuilt
one and trades in their core.  Rebuilding it should run about $80-100
as a refurbished unit will be more like $130-150

Best part about a rebuild is that you are gauranteed to get the right
alternator, becasue you will get your's back.