[Shotimes] Re: Tires

Mark Nunnally Mark Nunnally <marknunnally@joimail.com>
Tue, 5 Jul 2005 15:03:47 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

I got barely enough rubber/good tires among the 6 ASA/V700 combo I use at the track.  I think I can sneak a convention event out from them.  I'm getting some intial seam rip on two of them, and got some chunking and flat spots on others...but hey...if they hold together they'll still be quick.  When I burn these up I can get some rubber on the new TD 8" rims.

Typically the first convention session is short, and usually takes most of the day to weed through the groups (folks dropping out, etc) to get where you are cranking for at least a few laps.

Thunderhill last year was the exception, with a huge track!

Putnam looks fun.  I got a lot of work to do to get ready.  (this is assuming the wife can keep this baby in through then, lots of signs pointing to an early green/white/checker!)

mark

>On a side note. Zach, maybe those old, hard R-1s will make you do a nice 360
>spin like you did on your first lap at Hallett!!  ;-)

back several years ago I was using a BFG R1 as a track tire.  Contrary
to Ron Porter I will be dragging these out for convention (Don, I'm
gonna send in my registration today,  I promise!).  They are old and
prettuy hard, but I might as well beat them up a bit before trashing
them.