[Shotimes] RE: P/S Pump Whine?

Zach Leahy Zach Leahy <leahyz@gmail.com>
Tue, 5 Jul 2005 15:09:01 -0500

Well,

You missed the most common failure.  The seals fail and they leak
water, on to the CPS.  That's the most common.

Now, the 30 minute change I would like to see, it takes me a
considerably longer time, and I have done it more times than i can
think of, but I rarely change just the pump.  Perhaps just the pump
can be done a lot faster than if you are also going to replace the
CPS.  Which, if your WP is leaking, it's a good idea to do so.

The odd thing is I have a pump in a box at home.. Don't know if it is
good or bad :)