[Shotimes] Insurance claim: Looking for input.

Donald Mallinson dmall@mwonline.net
Wed, 06 Jul 2005 15:54:52 -0500

Carl,

YOu can negotiate with the company (or YOUR company should be doing
this).  They will almost always low-ball you to start off.  Main thing
is this was not your fault, you should not sign off on anything till you
are happy.  Maybe a little visit to the doctor for a neck brace, or a
hint that you won't sign a release till you know about 20 years down the
road exactly what effects the wreck may have on  you.....(assuming you
were in the car when it was hit).

Tell them to go find you a replacment car that is as good for $1499?  If
they are totalling the car, then they should replace it
Get some information to back you up off the SHOclub.com web site (used
falues) and the other used car value sites.  If they support your
argument, print it out and show it to your insurance agent.  You really
should not be dealing with the other guy's insurance company, that is
what you pay your company for.  At least that is the way it works
between State Farm and Me.

Don Mallinson