[Shotimes] Possible project car?

Donald Mallinson dmall@mwonline.net
Fri, 08 Jul 2005 23:00:53 -0500

Bobby,

The car is a decent performer, but its not like it is a Viper or newer
Vette, or a motorcycle!  All of which I am sure he would love to have,
but all would hurt him much quicker.

The SHO (taurus) is a very safe car, crash-wise as you know.  If the car
is solid and can be made to be dependable, then I think it would make
him a good car, and working on it together is a good way to get to know
each other again.

Put the car together stock is my advice.  That will be a fun car that
even his buddies should have at least a little respect for.  let him
decide on mods in the future.  If he puts in even a modest amount of
work, and you let him make most of the decisions, then he will respect
the car more and maybe not tear it up right away.  I have a little
experience in this having brought up two son's and gone through a bad
car experience with one, and a good one with the other.  Don't make the
job too big or it will overwhelm him.

Good luck!

Don Mallinson