[Shotimes] iPod in SHO

Carl Prochilo gr8sho@prochilo.myserver.org
Sat, 9 Jul 2005 08:27:24 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

Spend the $100 on a DLO unit if you want to use your existing HU.  It is a
full dock/cradle with the FM modulator, but it also has a line out jack
and power input.  This is one place where the the gen 1 console is better
than the gen 2 as you can use the cassette holder in the middle to setup
the iPod holder.

Now for the ultimate setup, some of you know that BMW 3 series offer a
native dock connector in the glove box that operates the iPod through the
HU controls.  My son's 95 has the same setup now thanks to the Pioneer
P8000R HU and a new device that allows attachment of the iPod through it's
native IP-bus interface.  This is really the way to go.
--
Cheers,
Carl Prochilo