[Shotimes] OT: file recovery utilities

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Sat, 9 Jul 2005 11:00:32 -0400

Next time, back up that drive!!

IIRC, in your original post, you said that was your backup HD. Well, if it
was truly your backup HD, it should have also had the data stored elsewhere.

It sounds like it was really your "archive" HD. If that's the case, it
should still be backed up somewhere. Any device that is a "backup" means
that it is a copy of something else.....meaning that you must have two
copies.

FWIW, I personally would never use a HD as an archive. It's not "if" they
die, it's "when" they die!!

From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Ian Fisher
Sent: Saturday, July 09, 2005 9:16 AM
To: cmichaelo@optonline.net
Cc: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] OT: file recovery utilities

ahhh..IIRC, Seagate's ActiveX utility scanned the
drive online and said that it had possible bad
sectors.

Thanks for the link-Ironically I had just read it last
night but didn't investigate the testdisk utility. I
saw that the article was a few years old so I was
wondering if anyone had experience with anything newer
or better.

It looks like I need a new HD to transfer data to if
this works. :)

Thanks!
Ian