[Shotimes] Sunday Mini-caravan (a Minivan??) To Indy

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Mon, 11 Jul 2005 01:05:34 -0400

Here's what I posted to a thread on SHO Forum. This is for any folks that
may be headed down I-69 on Sunday afternoon.

Here's the link to the thread it came from:
http://www.shoforum.com/showthread.php?p=440159#post440159

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
For me, driving to Indy is a chip-shot from my house down I-69!!

Anyway, this year I am heading down on Sunday. I drive a few miles up to
I-69, and take it all of the way down. So far, it's a caravan of two cars
(myself & John Semchena).

There is a rest area (the first in IN) at ~MM144 on I-69 a few miles south
of the I-80/90 interchange on I-69. From there, it is about 150 miles to the
hotel. For any folks headed down on Sunday, it would be possible to hook up
there, or anywhere from the Lapeer exit 155 on I-69 to that point. I'll be
leaving home at 11 AM EDT on Sunday, and with a 2.75-hour drive to that rest
area, gets me there before 1 PM Indiana time.

If it's more than two cars, I can do window signs, etc, as I usually do for
a "regular" caravan!!

Ron Porter