[Shotimes] Sprocket failure in V8, worth fixing in high mileage car?

Scott webtrendsguy@yahoo.com
Mon, 11 Jul 2005 10:43:09 -0700 (PDT)

Forgive me for this question as I am sure it has been asked more times than you all care to discuss.

I have an associate with a 97 SHO and 150,000 miles on it that had the dreaded sprocket failure occur.  Yes, valves were sacrificed it appears.  His mechanic says it would cost $1000-$1500 to fix and I could pick this car up for next to nothing but his mechanics numbers seem optimistic to me.

I know you guys are the masters here, is this worth it or am I opening myself up to a nightmare.

Thanks in advance.
http://mail.yahoo.com