[Shotimes] Electrical Fire: No Brakes

Paul L Fisher sho@paul-fisher.com
Mon, 11 Jul 2005 15:52:22 -0500

I don't remember the official name but it is a common problem, as a matter
of fact, Ford has recalled various other vehicles for that issue, just not
the Taurus. I assume it is leaking, that is why he pedal went to the floor?

It's a cheap part.

You might want to go to www.fordpartsnetwork.com and email Torrie
sales@fordpartsnetwork.com and ask him for the part # and price. If you
describe it, he will find it.

Paul L Fisher

Visit my website: http://www.paul-fisher.com
SHOClub Member: http://www.shoclub.com
Amsoil dealer: http://www.paul-fisher.com/oil

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Al & Angela
Sent: Monday, July 11, 2005 3:34 PM
To: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shotimes] Electrical Fire: No Brakes

Hello Shotimers,

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

The SHO was sitting in the drive way just after a drive to town.
I saw smoke coming from the hood.

I notice I had no brakes (pushed all the way down to the floor board).

I checked in my Helm's manual and couldn't find the name of the connection.
The manual didn't even show that something was connected to the master
cylinder underneath.

This is what I have.

Notice the fluid. (files are 40KB modem safe :)
http://www.saenzartworks.com/master_1.jpg
I believe the wire/connector was connected underneath the brake cylinder
(red).
That is brake fluid on the metallic part.

Burned connector
http://www.saenzartworks.com/master_2.jpg

I changed the master brake cylinder (MC) about 6 months ago.  I don't
remember connecting something underneath (stupid me).  My guess is I didn't
torque that part/sensor??? down enough.

I think I need a new wire harness.
What is that connection called (part on the MC)?

Thanks for your help.

Al
94 ATX
129K mls