[Shotimes] getting to the oil pressure sender

Ian Fisher dataflash@yahoo.com
Wed, 13 Jul 2005 11:30:49 -0700 (PDT)

Ok, I understand everyone's reponses. This is how I
think of it though;

Compare it to high blood pressure and fatty deposits
in  our arteries. The passageway for blood to pass
through is more narrow and the pressure increases as
the blood passes through. Likewise, if we surgically
attached a 3" exhaust pipe to our heart, the pressure
would drop. (this reminds me, I should go to the gym
today)..

I'm not 100% sure, but isn't the T a larger diameter
than the fitting in the block? Therefore, isn't the
reading inside the T a bit different than what the
reading in the block would be? I guess this is more
academic than anything else. I don't really plan on
changing my T arrangement anyway. :)

My oil temp sender is in my pan as well. The pan is
sitting on the garage floor too.

Ian