[Shotimes] Clutch change?....What's easier? out the bottom...or lift engine out the top?

Zach Leahy Zach Leahy <leahyz@gmail.com>
Fri, 15 Jul 2005 07:48:27 -0500

I think you shoud get the Josh T clutch video.  he does a very
thorough job of step by step instructions for a clutch job.  Removign
the trans is easier, and I have done it a number of times that way.
If you had to do other major engine work it would be easier to pull
the motor.  The SHO engine is not the easiest thing to pull out the
top, since it isn't installed that way, It can be done, but is a pain.

Go get the Josh Clutch video, and he explains all of the stuff you
will need to do and tells you the torque for each fastener as you put
it back together.  Drag the TV and VCR out to the garage for a weekend
and grab the remote.  Watch him do a step, pause the tape, then do the
same one.  Simple as that.

It is a fairly long job, so be prepared for a lot of work by having an
ample supply of cold ones availabe.

Z  "Becasue a one that is not cold is hardly a one at ll"