[Shotimes] STEERING HELP NEEDED

Al Fitz alfitz@alfitz.com
Fri, 15 Jul 2005 18:26:03 -0500

I got an email from a customer with a problem and I'm not sure what the
problem is. Anyone who may have had this same problem might have some
insight???

Thanks for asking.   Sometimes as I start to take a corner the power steering
will cease to work. I can be half way through the corner when I suddenly
am steering without power assist. It's kind of freaky sometimes. Another
symptom would be that I can be sitting still, and if I  make a minor steering
imput, the wheel will want to jerk back to center with a pulse, not a
constant
pressure. I also fell the pulse in the wheel under most kinds of steering
input. I thought is was a bad wheel, but I've rotated the tires and have the
same results. Normally when a pump fails, you would hear the pump
squeal under load. This one does'nt do that. I'm thinking it's some type of
valve in the system. Or maybe the power rack. If you have any idea of what
this could be, that would be great.   Thanks,

Al Fitz
alfitz@alfitz.com
SHO Parts at
http://www.alfitz.com/sho

PLEASE INCLUDE A COPY OF THIS EMAIL IN YOUR REPLY