[Shotimes] A/C going, going, gone!

ROBERT SCHIRMER 1surferbum@msn.com
Sun, 17 Jul 2005 18:02:39 -0400

Well guys; after listening to all the A/C questions come and go recently; it
appears that my '93 A/C system just stopped putting out cold air, while the
heat & humidly take over Virginia. The clutch tries to engage every 2 seconds,
and pops right back out after 2 seconds. So, I will drop it off tomorrow for
somebody to look at it.

The question I have is how much do you think it will cost to get a new
compressor (& dryer), and switch from R-12 to the good stuff (R-134)??

And if I wanted to attempt this my self, how hard a job is it?? I saw the
names of the places to buy a new compressor (AC kits.com), as well as the
cheap vacuum pump (harbor freight) that works off an air compressor

THANKS
Bob