[Shotimes] Testing ABS

Bruce Malachuk bmalach1@nycap.rr.com
Fri, 22 Jul 2005 18:08:09 -0400

There is a really easy way to test them, as I have gone thru a number of
times with salvaging old used sensors from cars I have parted.

First is the ohms of resistance. I think the spec is 1050 to 1200, though
you'd want to look in the EVTM for the exact spec. If it's within that range
then the sensor should be good if this next part of testing is good. With
the wheel turning the sensor should make .5V AC on a multimeter. Mind you
the wheel dosen't have to be turning all that fast to make that.

Both of these can be tested with a multimeter on the car. The information I
provided here came to me by way of a friends SNAP-On scanner, but I have
found it to be accurate in finding bad sensors.

With the problem you describe it sounds like a craccked ABS ring on one of
the front axles. Had that happen to a 93 I sold a while back.

Bruce J Malachuk

*	94 Opal Frost MTX
*	93 Emerald Green MTX - SOLD
*	93 Black ATX - New Parts CAR
*	95 Silver Frost ATX SE - SLO -Buyer waiting
*	96 TR - Cam Failed parts car :-(