[Shotimes] Big Public Thanks

Robert Bruce rbruce@bellatlantic.net
Fri, 22 Jul 2005 21:49:04 -0400

I can only follow that by expressing my thanks to Mark.  What a smooth
driver!  And a great teacher, too.  Mark, any time you need a car I will be
glad to offer mine for your use.  And next time there will be zero brake
fade.

With a huge grin from a fantastic experience,
Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net
[mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]On Behalf Of Mark Nunnally
Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2005 8:00 PM
To: SHOtimes
Subject: [Shotimes] Big Public Thanks

Convention is still going on, but I snuck up to Indy for 1.5 day to say
hello and run putnam.  Had a rod go south on the 92 the day I was going to
leave, and I want to give a huge public thanks here to Bob Bruce for him
"loaning" me his car at the track event (he was in another run group so we
shared).

I hauled up my race rubber/wheels and ran them on his 92 all day.  Stuff
like that is what makes STILL owning a SHO fun.  Cool folks like that,
willing to help out.  Probably a lot of other car groups and a lot of other
folks (ie snobs) that would never consider that.  So I want to thank Bob
again here publicly that I wasn't sitting at home (or worse, work!) on wed.
Bob's got 92 that's a rip to drive, is a lot like my 89 (2880 lb, 3.2L,
cage, etc).  Had a blast running it through the whole day.

Had some great multi lap runs with James Pappas (CTS-V on Hoosier race
rubber) and Dave Kegel (3.2L gen1 on Toyo RA-1 race rubber) and me in bob's
92.  3 totally different cars all with different types of R spec tires, and
we just stayed in a wad lap after lap.  I was laughing out loud while
hauling bob's nephew around behind kegel, kegel is quite the wheel-man,
hanging that thing out all day (and hanging on to it!).  Haven't had that
much fun in months, was great playing follow (or heckle) the leader or be
the chase car with these guys sucked on the rear fascia like a bumper
sticker.  Was a hoot!  I might could have a hung a little longer till I did
get the brake pedal on the floor twice and then went on a couple of wildlife
exploration trips.  Way to fun.

Also big thanks to Don M. for the work to put these things on, had a great
time at the track.  Well worth the 1300 mile round trip even just being
there for a day.  I'd do it again tomorrow.

mark