[Shotimes] Radio question

Kevin & Cheryl Airth clubairth@peoplepc.com
Fri, 15 Jul 2005 13:41:47 -0500

Robert:
 You fighting a losing battle!! Dump the factory unit. As someone on the
list explained in the past. ALL the radios will go bad, sooner or later.
They have electrolytic capacitors on the circuit boards. Electrolyte is
what's inside your battery. Right-ACID! After 10 years or so ALL the
capacitors will go bad or "open up". So you can change every capacitor with
a better quality unit but you will be money and time ahead to get a new
replacement aftermarket unit. The factory amps are built the same way.
 The amp is mounted in the trunk behind the cardboard divider between the
back seat and the trunk.
.
.