[Shotimes] Tokico failure?

Robert Bruce rbruce@bellatlantic.net
Sun, 24 Jul 2005 16:02:45 -0400

Tokiko honors their warranty until you need it.  I had one fail and sent it
in for warranty evaluation and replacement.  They never did anything for me.
I don't think the quality of their products is all that great anyhow.  They
will never get my business again.  Wish you luck, you'll need it.

Robert Bruce
92 w/3.2
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/810875

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net
[mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]On Behalf Of van Oss
Sent: Sunday, July 24, 2005 2:33 PM
To: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shotimes] Tokico failure?

The left front Tokico on my 92 clunks when going over bumps.  On a lift,
moving the wheel up and down, it appears the internal cartridge has somehow
separated from the housing, and the cartridge is moving up and down about
1/8'' to 1/4''.  The damping still works, it's just that the noise is no fun
to listen to.

Lifetime warranty on Tokicos, right?  Any tips on how to work with Tokico on
this?  I don't want my car out of service while I send in the old strut and
they send me a new one.

VO