[Shotimes] (OT) In Case of Emergency

Zach Leahy Zach Leahy <leahyz@gmail.com>
Mon, 25 Jul 2005 15:40:17 -0500

Ron would you forward this to the rest of the lists.

A bit of a simpler way to keep track of your info, and a bit more easy
to recognize by medical personell is a simple card that has your
emergency contact info on it, and can also have medical information,
and insurance information as well.  It seems that it is standard (from
what I have heard from EMTs) that they will look in your wallet for
such a card.  This has also been going about the motorcycle lists, and
I have gone with the following solution:  Attaches to your helmet.   I
plan to photocopy the card and put it in my wallet.

http://www.cyclegadgets.com/Products/product.asp?Item=MICS

Simply said, if you lock your phone, an ICE phone number is useless,
and as I noted before, EMT's are not going to sit there and figure out
how to get into a phonebook on an unfamiliar phone when they could be
treating you.  If your phone is tough to use, that adds to the
confusion, if you have it locked, off, or ran it out of batteries it's
also useless.  Looking in your wallet is easier, if it's on your
helmet, that's even easier still.  If it was an auto accident, you
probably won't have the helmet on.