[Shotimes] RE: SHO parts deal gone bad- Nick Buck/SHOclub

Paul L Fisher sho@paul-fisher.com
Mon, 25 Jul 2005 16:14:17 -0500

Not to rub salt in the wounds but unless I know someone personally I only
pay and/or accept PayPal.

Paul L Fisher

Visit my website: http://www.paul-fisher.com
SHOClub Member: http://www.shoclub.com
Amsoil dealer: http://www.paul-fisher.com/oil

-----Original Message-----
From: Ian Fisher [mailto:dataflash@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, July 25, 2005 3:11 PM
To: TechSHO@topica.com; shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: SHO parts deal gone bad- Nick Buck/SHOclub

Well, this post is long overdue. I was going to post
last week but I wanted to wait until everyone was back
from the convention so that everyone got a chance to
read it.

Back in March, I contacted Nick Buck of Henderson, MN
regarding an ad on www.shoclub.com that he had placed.
The ad stated that he had a heavily modified 3.2 motor
for sale. (as it turns out, it's Phil Sanford's old
engine). I contacted Nick to see if he would sell the
adjustable cam sprockets separately. After we agreed
upon a price, he changed his mind and asked for more
money. So, I sent him $150 via a United States Postal
Money Order for 6 adjustable cam sprockets after
confirming every possible detail in writing about the
transaction. A few weeks went by and I hadn't received
the parts. Thankfully, Don Mallinson stepped in and
wrote Nick an email. Nick told Don that he had mailed
the sprockets but still chose not to respond to me. I
called the local post offices in his area and nobody
had any Delivery Confirmation receipts going to my zip
code on the day that he claimed to have mailed them. A
little while went past and I finally received a poorly
packaged box. It was sent Priority Mail but was dated
long after the parts supposedly went out. However,
only the timing belt sprockets were included.

Nick refused to contact me via email unless I
threatened him. I've been calling his house (sometimes
twice a day) and leaving messages for him to call me.
At one point he said that he'd refund my money. Then
he said that he had sent me everything that we had
agreed upon. Then he cursed me out and asked me how he
would be expected to sell the heads from the motor if
it they didn't include the timing chain sprockets
(yeah, I don't see the logic there either). Then he
threatened to counter-investigate me when I threatened
him with a mail fraud investigation. His emails are
poorly worded and usually don't make much sense to me.

At this point I've already purchased the remaining
sprockets from Josh. I essentially paid $150 to Nick
for something that Josh sells new for $130. It's the
first time that I've been burned by someone like this
which makes me more cautious when dealing with unknown
people. Nick still has a beautiful 3.2 for sale but I
suspect that he'll have an awfully hard time selling
it the way he's been behaving. If anyone does get
those heads, those are technically my sprockets. =)

I've contacted a detective in Henderson, MN who claims
that he can't do anything for me because the sale
originated over the internet. I do have mail fraud
investigation paper work that I plan on filing along
with all of our saved email conversations. I'm not
sure what will come of it at this point but I'm
hopeful that he'll get a visit from Postal Inspectors.

Just so everyone knows who I'm talking about:

Nick Buck
Henderson, MN
sho_man1069@yahoo.com

He uses a PO Box but I also have his home address, and
phone number. I believe that he currently has a GTP
and internet searches revealed that he once owned a
Beretta (VIN is also posted online).

I've Bcc'ed him on this. I promised him that I would
tell the SHO community about this transaction and he
said that he didn't care. I will copy this message on
SHOforum under vendor feedback. Hopefully Don can put
it on SHOclub.com under the "hall of shame" section as
well.

BUYER BEWARE.

Thanks
Ian