[Shotimes] 2005 Convention

Paul & Rosetta Thomas 2k2bird@cablelynx.com
Tue, 26 Jul 2005 00:53:31 -0500

Just want to echo what Kerby said.  This was convention #11 for Rosetta and
me (missed the first two).  They have all been some of the best times of our
lives and this one was no exception.  As usual, Don, Jan and all those
behind the scenes folks, put together a great convention.  We especially
enjoyed meeting Don, Jr. and we know he was a great help to his mom and dad
as well as everyone else.  Congrats to Ken, Jodie and the proud grandparents
on the arrival of Elizabeth.  Ken won't have much time to rest as he starts
his first stint as head convention coordinator.  Don, take care of your
business, Ken will do a fine job.

For me personally the best thing about this convention was my good friend,
John Weidenbenner (met him the first time in Chicago in '96), being well
enough to make the trip.  I'm happy that he was strong enough to enjoy many
of the activities at least a little bit.  John, if your reading this - keep
getting better guy, we've got other conventions to make in the future.

The friendships we have made through the conventions have had such a great
ripple effect over the years and make each time we are able to get together
again special.  Other highlights of this convention were being invited to Al
and Susan Jennings (met them the first time in Dallas in '94)lovely home for
wine and cheese as well as being invited by John and Jane Ritter (met them
the first time in Dearborn in '95) to tour Chip Ganassi Racing Headquarters
(Jane is a 25 year employee of Target Headquarters).  Of course seeing all
of our other friends we have made over the years was great as well.  I've
said it every year, if you're missing the convention, you're missing the
best part of SHO ownership.

Of course another exciting part of the convention was our car being judged
the Best of SHOw at the Car SHOw.  I think the judges finally took pity on
me after all these years of trying.  No matter what the reason, it still
feels pretty darn good to me.  There will be no time to rest as the car will
move up to the platinum class next year.

Thanks again to everyone.  We did miss a few folks from conventions past
(Tom/Chris and Sergio/Angela come to mind).  Hope we can all get together
again in  Omaha or Memphis next year.

Paul Thomas
'93 Crimson Red ATX