[Shotimes] SHO vs. Merkur Scorpio

Godfrey, David DGodfrey@DRS-TEM.com
Tue, 26 Jul 2005 09:44:04 -0500

Hi gang,

I bought a '94 SHO to replace my wifes '88 Merkur Scorpio. And yes, I have a
weakness for odd-ball ford products. "But hon, it's such a NEAT car....".
The SHO has all the options, sunroof, leather, etc., similar to her Scorpio
(which she loves to drive, BTW). I was cutting the yard yesterday and had
the SHO and her '88 Scorpio parked behind each other on the street. It is
amazing to see the similar styling themes on the cars. The front bumper,
fender line, quarter panel shape, the window behind the passenger door, and
roof line all have a similar profile. The cabin "greenhouse" on the Scorp is
longer, but the SHO has the same roof shape. Scorp guys might gag at the
notion, as might the SHO crowd, but the 94 SHO could easily be a 94 Scorpio.

In straight line driving the Scorp has the SHO beat as far as ride quality.
The over boosted steering is somewhat annoying to me though Julia will
probably like it. As soon as there is a turn in the road or a hill the SHO
takes over. Imagine a Scorpio with 220 HP.  The SHO corners very well, it
stays nice and level with no discernable body roll. During highway cruising,
except for the ride, and this is a small difference, the SHO wins due to
it's power. At 70+ MPH it does not seem to be working as hard as the
Scorpio. The SHO, like the Scorpio, is a fun car to drive.

A couple of items I'm looking for for the SHO is a good truck rubber seal
and the seat trim pieces, color is grey, for the outside if the seats. If
any of ya'll have these please contact me off line.

Ya'll take care,
DG