[Shotimes] SHO Times FAQ

Hartberger, Jason M. AT2 (AW) hartbejm@cvn71.navy.mil
Thu, 28 Jul 2005 07:40:23 -0400

Well the only thing I'd have to worry about is having the internet go
down; I'm actually deployed right now (until Friday). Yeah, the
internet's usually slow but if I convince the IT office to let me
install a PHP scripter on one of the computers I shouldn't have too much
of a problem. I have constant access to computers.

I do like Zach Leahy's idea, though. The same thing applies to
operations on the ship, when one person decides to do something
him/herself, it usually turns out badly... I could do it myself but what
if my carrier got vaporized by a nuke? Don't say it can't happen. You
all would be screwed then. I like the community password idea, right up
until somebody decides to abuse it...

Oh hey, the reactor's melting down! We just lost lube oil to the #3
engine! Fantastic. (good thing it's just drills) We're doing some big
Reactor thing this week... It's like the big Reactor test to make sure
we're ready for cruise. They've been scramming reactors and setting
radiation boundaries all week. Big fun. Remember, folks, if you see
magenta and yellow rope or tape on a navy facility, don't get near it!
It makes you glow. And usually shot....

:)

Jason