[Shotimes] Oil Filters and Remote Locations

Beisler Jonathon Jonathon.Beisler@HCAhealthcare.com
Fri, 29 Jul 2005 15:23:18 -0400

Two things,
First, from experience and replying directly to you Ian, I have been extremely
happy with my Purolator filters.  I would whole heartedly recommend them
except that their by-pass valves are at the bottom of the filter and Ford
specifies at the top?  I'm not much on the filter technology, but could
someone enlighten me as to why that's important?  Also, just based on the
"cleanliness", for lack of a better word, the Purolator filters have kept my
oil looking new the longest.  Now, that's no scientific comparison, of course,
but when comparing it to FRAM, K&N, SuperFilter(Tech something brand) and the
Motorcraft they have kept my oil looking better longer.  I even stopped using
the Pur1 Purolator filters and switched to their regular ones because my
results were the same.
Now, secondly, are there procedural write ups on doing a remote filter
location install with what's needed, etc?

Quote:
"Someone recently told me to stay
away from Purolator (too bad, I liked the blue color)."

JB