[Shotimes] refurbished oil pumps for sale + injectors

Paul Nimz pnimz@v8sho.com
Fri, 29 Jul 2005 21:38:05 -0500

I wonder if the V8 oil pump internals would work in the V6?

Paul

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Ian Fisher
  To: techsho@topica.com ; shotimes@autox.team.net
  Sent: Friday, July 29, 2005 3:50 PM
  Subject: [Shotimes] refurbished oil pumps for sale + injectors

  As time and money permits, I plan on starting up a
  little side gig selling oil pumps and fuel injectors.

  The oil pumps are disassembled by a local machinst, a
  new Ford front main seal is installed and an oil pump
  to block gasket is included. No new parts are
  installed. Pumps are cleaned inside and out and
  checked to make sure the spring operates freely,
  housing isn't chewed up from a spun bearing, etc.
  These pumps are obsolete from Ford so hopefully I can
  provide a small service for people doing an engine
  build and make a few dollars on the side. :) I'm still
  working out pricing but I'm thinking $150 with a
  refundable core charge of $25 if I get your old pump
  back within 30 days...

  Right now I have two 3.0 pumps and 1 3.2 pump in
  stock. I plan on using one for my 3.2 conversion but
  I'm not sure which at this point.

  I'm also planning on selling stock fuel injectors as I
  can get them. The injectors are cleaned + balanced,
  new pintle caps and screens are installed and O rings
  are included. I recently had two sets done and was
  happy with the results. Fuel injectors are harder to
  find at a price where I can turn a profit or not lose
  money. I'm keeping my eyes peeled for cheap used ones.

  If anyone has any used injectors or pumps that they
  want to sell, please contact me offlist as I may be
  interested. Just to cover myself, pumps and injectors
  are not warranted or guaranteed for any period of
  time.  In the unlikely event that something is DOA, I
  would work with that person to resolve the issue.

  At this time, this is going to be a very small thing
  for me. I'm not a factory so I won't be churning out
  parts left and right but I will try to as long as
  there is a demand for this stuff? Now, is there a
  demand? Does this sound like something that people
  would be interested in?

  Thanks
  Ian