[Shotimes] Re: synthetic oil and oil pressure and race fuel

Paul Nimz pnimz@v8sho.com
Sun, 31 Jul 2005 14:44:55 -0500

The PS cooler is too small.  The OEM coolant to oil Hx is probably pretty
efficient as any liquid to liquid Hx is always more efficient than an air to
liquid.  Again if you cool the liquid before it enters the coolant to oil Hx
with some sort of air to liquid radiator type cooler you are doing double
good.

Paul

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Ian Fisher
  To: Zach Leahy ; Paul Nimz
  Cc: `V6 SHOtimes
  Sent: Sunday, July 31, 2005 12:54 PM
  Subject: Re: [Shotimes] Re: synthetic oil and oil pressure and race fuel

  Would running the SHO PS cooler as a oil cooler be
  effective? It's pretty small but it may do the trick.

  If I remote mount my filter(s), the lines would
  already be there.

  I'm coming to the realization that I should probably
  put the battery in the trunk if I'm going to have all
  of this extra stuff in the engine bay.

  Ian