[Shotimes] Temperature Problem

Zach Leahy Zach Leahy <leahyz@gmail.com>
Tue, 1 Mar 2005 08:56:08 -0500

hmm, if thee was a low coolant issue I would think you would see the
low coolant light come on.  This is however measured from the coolant
resevoir next tot e radiator, and certain issues could cause it not to
draw any of that coolant into the system.  open the cap on the
radiator (when it is cool) and make sure there is plenty of coolant in
it.

I would best believe that it is a sticky thermostat.  they are cheap
and pretty easy to replace, so I would start there.  If the engine is
really getting that hot, don't keep driving it unless you are trying
to kill it.  A thermostat is 10 buck or less and 15 minutes to put in.
 change it and I think that will solve your problem.

But as noted, check the coolant level.