[Shotimes] Fw: 89 SHO Help needed

Zach Leahy Zach Leahy <leahyz@gmail.com>
Tue, 1 Mar 2005 10:02:33 -0500

hmm,

It sounds like the spark could be jumping between the colis at the
pack.  That would make a distinct snapping/clicking noise right there
at the coil pack.  Several of us have noted that the coil pack will
sometimes build up enough filth for the spark to jump and the engine
to misfire.  Also a very good thing to look at would be bad plug
wires.

Simple test.  Wait til it is dark, pull the cover off of the coil pack
and get the motor to run as much as possible,  watch for arcing from
wire to wire or wire to ground.  any arcing is bad.  to make the
problem show up even worse, mist some water (from like a windex
bottle) in the general area.  If you see arcing that's bad.  I would
believe you may need to clean the pack and/or replace the wires.

Zach