[Shotimes] Update: Rookie Timing Belt Question

George Fourchy krazgeo@comcast.net
Wed, 02 Mar 2005 13:59:27 -0800

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 09:28:53 -0500, Zach Leahy wrote:

>I think george and I had a similar issue
>on his black car when I was out working on it.  Somehow we didn't have
>power or ground or something to the computer.

That particular connection (on that car) is shorter than most...the positive PCM
connector from the positive battery terminal.  In moving the cable around to get the
battery in (or some other reason), we inadvertently unplugged it, after running the
engine for the first time.  It was dark, and the cable and connector are black.

We found it the next morning, after doing troubleshooting....good spark but no fuel
pump, and a dim CE light.

That episode burned into my brain for all time the symptoms for no power to the IRCM
and PCM.

George