[Shotimes] SAFECO Insurance: Too good to be true?

Britt Dickson brittdickson@comcast.net
Wed, 2 Mar 2005 14:25:41 -0800

I'm submitting this for a friend who can't post here:

"I just got a quote from Safeco for an actual "cash value" on my car of
$10,000 with all the other goodies, along with a comprehensive deductible of
$100 and a collision deductible of $200 with towing and labor and $30.00 per
day loss of use coverage for ONLY $ 353.80 per six months! They have
considered me a preferred customer and my car being 10 years old a classic.
One question they were able to answer is that they know it is used to drive
back and forth to work every day (a whole 2 miles when I am able to get back
to work), and that I am NOT classified as a "collector" only--in that I can
drive the car as much as I want. I am asking if anyone else has heard or
dealt with Safeco and would recommend me switching over from 21st Century at
a cost of $552.00 per six months WITHOUT THIS GUARANTEED $10,000 coverage on
my car.

"I've been driving paranoid for a number of years now because any type of
accident would leave me with a "totaled" vehicle--drivable or fixable or
not--but with the "salvage" on my title. This seems too good to be true so
that is why I am not just jumping at the chance. Anyone out there have any
dealings with Safeco and are they as bad as Geico?? "

Thanks,

Britt Dickson

'89 MTX

'95 ATX